Posted 5 days ago on June 30, 2020

Resident Engineer (Contract) - Demisto / XSOAR - Dubai

Contract in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our digital way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

As the Resident Engineer, you will provide in-depth assistance with the customer in optimizing the Demisto platform. You will function as the Demisto products Subject Matter Expert (SME), specializing in workflow creation and optimization. In this position, you will interact directly with the customer’s CSOC and IT/Security teams to build new processes and redefine existing processes that transform the operational environment and take advantage of the Demisto deployed tools & services. You will help shape playbooks and guide the customer towards a Incident Response Posture in line with recommended best practices. You will contribute to the development of new principles and concepts and provides solutions which are highly creative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role you will develop and maintain an expertise on the Demisto products, cybersecurity incident handling and solutions deployed within a customer's network.

Your Impact

• Assist customers with Incident Response Process Implementation/SOAR using Demisto
  • Learn & understand the customer’s business requirements and the Threat Landscape that is most applicable to their industry’s vertical sector
  • Lead Demisto technical implementation/operations in a customer environment as the subject matter expert
  • Interact with Demisto/Palo Alto Networks technologies relating to customer environment
  • Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
  • Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to the specified scope
  • Ability to document and template necessary documentation packages for customers as defined
  • Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
  • Ability to provide complex solutions in customer environments and execute/document said solutions by self or as a team leader
  • Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business

Your Experience

• BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Python or Javascript scripting languages.
  • Minimum 3 years’ experience as a cybersecurity incident response engineer
  • Strong understanding of cybersecurity technologies, products, Internet protocols and applications
  • Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system, network troubleshooting and analysis and different security threats
  • Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end security solutions
  • Ability to effectively juggle and manage many different tasks simultaneously
  • Top Secret Clearance (SCI Eligible)
  • GCIA, CISSP
  • Minimum 5 years’ experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies
  • Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing security solutions in large environments

The Team

Demisto, a Palo Alto Networks company, was founded only 3 years ago. Demisto Enterprise is a comprehensive Security Operations Platform that combines full case management, intelligent automation, and collaborative investigation.  Supporting over 260 applications and with a community of over 4,000 we are redefining incident response. If you are highly motivated, competitive, and do not shy away from tough challenges, come join our mission and become part of some of the best minds in the world to shape the future of security operations.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.