Posted a month ago on Sept. 24, 2020

Full-time in New York City, NY

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

This position will provide legal support for a new captive finance team and require drafting revisions to and negotiation of software financing (license and SaaS), equipment leasing, and the underlying commercial transaction involving cloud services, software, hardware, and support.  This position will report to a senior member of the Global Legal Department team located in Reston, VA.  This position works closely with the captive finance team leader, credit manager, revenue accounting, and sales finance, as well as on underlying commercial transactions with sales account teams and deals desk.  Strong candidates are proactive, solutions-driven, and independent, with direct and leading experience in drafting and negotiating agreements, as well as collaborating across intracompany groups in finance and sales.

Your Impact

• Draft, review and negotiate complex commercial contracts involving SaaS/cloud services, hardware, software, and support in compliance with the company’s policies and risk tolerance.
  • Act as legal team lead in financing transactions between customers and Palo Alto Networks Finance Services, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating software financing (license and SaaS), equipment leasing and related documents and agreements to enable commercial sales, including UCC filings as necessary.
  • Draft, review and negotiate data protection, information security and other agreement as necessary.
  • Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from Palo Alto Networks Financial Services team, sales, and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks.
  • Create and continuous improvement of playbooks, standard form agreements, policies and legal processes.
  • Handle special projects as requested.

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Must be admitted to the bar in at least one U.S. state, and have a law degree from a reputable law school.
  • Must have 6-8 years of commercial transaction legal experience in a technology company.
  • Strongly prefer a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with leasing/financing transaction documents including captive finance experience working with financing agreements, installment payment plans and UCC filings.
  • Extensive experience working in a constructive and professional manner with sales personnel and management.
  • Experience drafting and negotiating data processing and information security agreements and working with subject matter experts in these areas is a plus.
  • Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
  • Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility, and ability to work independently.
  • Superior language, written and verbal communication skills required.
  • Occasional travel may be required.

Additional Information

The Team

We are a Legal Team who is unrelenting in our pursuit of achievement, we are constantly seeking improvements and can take on every challenge. We value a positive attitude and high empathy. We adjust according to the situation, learn new things, innovate, and try new methods. We value collaboration, function as a team and know that our colleague’s experience and knowledge are valuable. We demonstrate the highest level of adherence to not only what is legal but also what is right. We apply our legal knowledge to real-world scenarios, have a desire to explore the unknown and question the status quo in pursuit of better, more effective solutions.

We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com

#CT1