Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 11, 2020

Systems Engineer – Federal System Integrators

Full-time in Washington, D.C.

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are a meaningful member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and clouds then driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market-leading security products and services.

You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner are responsible for the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect confirmed advanced cyber attacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.

Your Impact

• Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
  • Architect and propose solutions which solve the identified problems in a unique and differentiated way
  • Gain validation from the prospect that the solution being proposed is compelling and worthy of investment
  • Show that our solution solves the problem
  • Identify and document specific problems at your prospects and customers which can be solved through the deployment of a Palo Alto Networks solution
  • Ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
  • Exceed Quota
  • Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of relevant technologies (Data Center, SDN, Public Cloud, Security, Networking, Endpoint, etc.)
  • Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of products and solutions
  • Create and lead evaluations and proof of concepts that clearly demonstrate the compelling differentiators of Palo Alto Networks’ product portfolio
  • Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
  • Own, create, and present architecture documents, which clearly articulate the technical and commercial benefits of our solution including the security, operations, and return on investment impacts to your top customers and prospects
  • Contribute to best practice, security update, competitive, and process improvement information
  • Manage the extension and return of evaluation equipment within your prospects and customers
  • Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process
  • Build and maintain relationships with relevant Channel Partners SEs

Qualifications

Your Experience

• BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a SE or Systems Integrator
  • Experience working with Federal System Integrators architecting security solutions for Federal Government Programs
  • Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
  • Knowledge of competitive solutions and solution selling strategies
  • Experience selling, demonstrating, installing or solving network security products
  • Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
  • Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, VLANs/trunking, IP routing including static routes, OSPF and BGP, route re-distribution, L4 Load-balancing)
  • Good communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
  • Strong analytical skills to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
  • Effective in customer-facing engagement, presentations, and writing
  • Focus on continued skills development and learning experiences
  • Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
  • Self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to get things done
  • Works productively with the immediate team and channel partners and can engage with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended sales team

Additional Information

The Team

Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our Systems Engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.

As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyber threats.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.