At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Containerization/Virtualization team at Palo Alto Networks, you will develop our next-generation containerized, virtualization and SDN offerings. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing solutions for Kubernetes and cloud environments, new hypervisor deployments and integrations, integrations with SDN provisioning tools, and core networking improvements in pure software environments.
- You will participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test.
- Develop functional specifications, assess task requirements and scheduling, and participate in development, debug and support.
- Put to creative use your hands-on experience with Kubernetes, containers, cloud native technologies, virtualization technologies, various hypervisors, system software, and networking, as well as your experience with Linux kernel software development.
- Expert C and GO programming.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Kubernetes architecture, operations and networking.
- Understanding of SDN mechanisms/standards.
- In-depth knowledge in selected network security fields such as stateful firewall, packet
- processing, TCP stream inspection, network ACL, and HA preferred.
- Experience with deployment on cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GKE etc.)
- Experience developing device drivers and/or Linux kernel development preferred.
- Experience with networking hardware and familiarity with physical networking technologies.
- Strong scripting skills with bash and python.
- Ability to work well with a group of senior engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 10 years of related programming experience required.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.