Posted a month ago on Sept. 21, 2020

Full-time in New York City, NY

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

As a Palo Alto Networks Cortex Solutions Architect, you will be the expert for the broader Cortex XDR portfolio within our offerings. Your portfolio includes Advanced Endpoint Protection (Traps), Cortex XDR - Investigations and Response, Cortex XDR - Analytics, Autofocus, Cortex Data Lake, and Demisto (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response).

Cortex Solutions Architect is the interface between business and technology. Working closely both internally - with product and engineering to share feedback from the field, and externally - with our prospects and customers to understand their business needs and to design technical solutions that take the best advantage of the Cortex platform.

Your Impact

•  Drive complex deals in the pre-sale stage, alongside sales reps.

•  Support the technical field sales engineer on POCs (proof of concept) – assist with the pre-sales process by answering technical questions, conducting POC evaluations, and working with engineering to bridge any gaps.

•  Work closely with product and engineering to debug and correct challenges encountered during POCs.

•  Training of the field sales engineers to present new features, product roadmap, new improvements, and sprint summary.

•  Present the Cortex platform to prospects.

•  Able to conduct architecture level discussions with prospects.

Qualifications

Your Experience

•  BSCS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator.

•  Experience with security incident response or SOC operational processes – manual and automated.

•  Ability to travel, although most work performed in Eastern U.S.

•  4+ years of technical hands-on experience with application security/endpoint security.

•  4+ years of experience as a pre-sale engineer facing customers; Preferably working in a start-up and/or vendor environment.

•  Solid grasp of web applications, web protocols, REST APIs, security, and Internet environments.

•  Advanced knowledge of web threats and cybercrime.

•  Experience with common enterprise desktop software deployment methodologies.

•  Experience installing, configuring, and integrating a complex Security environment.

•  Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure, and behavior.

•   Demonstrable experience in securing these environments.

•   Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting.

•   Working knowledge of endpoint prevention, SIEM, vulnerability management tools, SOC, firewalls, and other security technologies both from a technology and a business driver standpoint.

•   Experience with Incident Response; both IR tools and IR workflow process.

•   Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written.

•   Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems, and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution.

•  Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment.

•  Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation.

•  Scripting/coding experience with a focus on Python, JavaScript, and PowerShell.

Additional Information

The Team

Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our solution architect (SA) teams come in. Our SA team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.