Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 2, 2020

Senior Product Manager (Web Security)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

The Web and DNS Security product group seeks a Senior Product Manager to own and execute the strategy for the web security market. This individual will be responsible for understanding market trends and gathering customer requirements at both a market and technical level that would drive the product roadmap.  This role will work with other product and cross-functional teams that include engineering, product marketing, sales teams to deliver web security solutions to solve customer problems with speed and agility. This role will also engage with strategic customers to understand their security challenges and the competitive landscape in order to build and execute a product strategy that displaces the competition.

Your Impact:

• Deep understanding of web security, threat prevention and other technologies related to the web security market.

• Customer experience expertise – constantly engaged with a variety of customer personas, understand deployment trends and operational patterns, understand pain points in existing solutions, and see product features through customer eyes.

• Act as a key interface between our field and engineering.  Help the field and customers understand our value, competitive differentiation, and best practices for implementing our product.

• A passion for building differentiated products with great user experiences.

• Identify patterns in customer and market needs, synthesize and generalize feedback and requests, track them systematically, and deliver clear, thoughtful, and well defined product strategy.

• Being a great team member – an excellent communicator, strong collaborator, someone who solicits feedback from others, is welcoming of better ideas.

Qualifications

• BS/MS in Computer Science, other engineering/technical degree

• 5+ years of experience in highly technical roles in product management, development, or enterprise services, at large organizations or innovative startups

• Direct experience in web security, such as web proxies, secure web gateways (SWG), URL filtering products, DNS security products, or similar technology

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

• Excellent presentation skills

• Excellent people skills, team mentality

• Demonstrable track record of success

Additional Information

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.

Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.