Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 1, 2020

Cloud Technical Sales Manager

Full-time in Remote, FL

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't yet been imagined. It means offering products to customers that solve their most serious security problems. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

Join the team that has combined the best public cloud infrastructure security companies (Evident.io + RedLock) and the best cloud-native workload protection companies (Twistlock + PureSec + Aporeto) with the industry’s leader in cloud security, Palo Alto Networks. Together, our technologies will form the world’s most advanced cloud security offering.

This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a key growth area for Palo Alto Networks.

Due to our tremendous growth, we are looking for driven, smart and experienced sales executives who can develop relationships and drive new customer acquisitions to utilize our SaaS based solutions. Our sales organization continues to offer the creative culture of a “startup” fast-paced environment with an industry-leading product but under the umbrella of Palo Alto Networks Platform.

Our sales teams align Prisma Cloud solutions to customer needs, developing relationships with executives and providing insight to help customers understand the value of the Prisma Cloud platform through hands-on demos, success criteria, and overall solution intelligence.

Your Impact

• Teams with other Palo Alto Networks account team members to grow the Prisma Cloud business in your territory

• Responsible for the overall sales strategies and results to achieve quota with a set of major accounts

• Sells products to new and/or current customers in an assigned territory to achieve or exceed assigned quota

• Contacts prospective customers to understand product needs and perform sales presentations to match company's products and identified needs

• Can create a crisp software proposal with technical and business value articulated clearly

• Prospects and develops business, responds to RFPs, and develops proposals for presentation to customers

• Develops and maintains a healthy pipeline to achieve plan

• Coordinates account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development

• Remains knowledgeable on Prisma Cloud products to facilitate the sales effort

• Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required; keeps our CRM system updated to provide an accurate reflection of the business in your territory

• Provides follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided

• Engages subject matter experts and executives in sales campaigns as appropriate

• Manages all aspects of the evaluation program

• Understands competition in the territory and general business climate

Qualifications

Your Experience

• A highly consultative sales professional with superb communication and closing skills

• Capacity to think and act on both a tactical and strategic level

• A risk taker who has a high level of ambitions consistent with good business judgment and instincts

• Enjoy consensus and work well within a team environment

• 5 years of direct enterprise software executive sales experience preferably in SaaS, CyberSecurity or DevOps

• Knowledge of the territory's top accounts

• Track record on closing seven-figure transactions

• History of exceeding software sales quotas through strategic selling skills

• Experience and credibility selling at the CxO and senior sales business manager level

• Ability to build strong and continuous partner relationships

• Technical acumen but with the ability to relate it with business value

• High intellect and the capacity to multitask

• Excellent qualifying and closing skills

Additional Information

The Team

Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.

As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated Systems Engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.