Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 24, 2020

Principal UX Designer (Product Strategy & Operations)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA (Can work remote)

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class UX team and our fast growth means we are continuing to look for top-notch UX professionals to expand the team. As a Principal UX Designer in the Product Strategy & Operations team, you will work with all the Product Design teams across Palo Alto Networks to align everybody in a common design direction. You will play a key role in driving design discussions and decisions and building a common UX Design System that works for all Products. You will also lead the design and documentation of the Design System site to be used by all Product teams in their design and implementation.

We are looking for a Principal UX Designer who is passionate about UX design and building products that are simple, easy to use and delightful. Should be experienced in creating design systems - design standards and guidelines and well-versed in latest design trends and technologies. You will lead and contribute to each facet of the design process: information architecture; interaction design; research and usability; rapid prototyping; brand integration, and beyond! You need to be a great creator, collaborator, communicator, and coach/partner for small and large design teams.

Qualifications

●        Exhibit exceptional leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate, inspire, and communicate effectively across the product organization

●        Demonstrate a deep knowledge of best practices and industry trends, while identifying unique, forward-thinking, and innovative design opportunities

●        Work on a new common UX design system in collaboration with all Product design teams ensuring consistency and coherence across all products

●        Create scenarios, information architecture, wireframes, flows, and other artifacts rooted in thorough research and cross-team collaboration

●        Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders to execute vision across the product organization

●        Lead and facilitate design thinking, brainstorming and network group sessions

●        Communicate, defend, and build consensus around a common design and interaction model

●        Conduct or coordinate testing efforts when needed, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts

●        Ensure all designs follow accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS

●        Continually work to hone your skills and improve your craft and share with others

●        Continually strive to inspire the team and elevate the brand, creatively and consistently

Your Experience

●        Qualified candidates should have at least career level experience, including experience with information architecture, interaction design, user research, and usability testing, in addition to leading, organizing, and inspiring a team

●        Experience creating and managing UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines across a large organization

●        Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, and annotated wireframes

●        Experience in developing and conducting a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research including contextual inquiries, guided explorations, and usability testing

●        Exposure to and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods for smaller and larger teams

●        Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Brand, and TechDocs teams

●        Understanding of the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape current and future products

●        Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills

●        Proficient in designing high-fidelity mocks in Figma, Sketch or similar tools

Additional Information

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.