Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 17, 2020

Principal SD-WAN Platform Diagnostic Engineer (SASE)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA (Can work remote)

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

Palo Alto Networks's SASE (Secure Access Service Edge)  team is looking for a seasoned and accomplished engineer with experience in the platform diagnostic area to fill a technical leadership position. You will be part of a world-class software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in the SASE area. You will work with a multi-functional team of engineers to design and develop systems for next generation Palo Alto Network network access products.

Your Impact

• Work in a small and fast paced team to solve important customer problems and deliver most impactful results.
  • Contribute in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
  • Proactively identify product features for improvement and innovation
  • You will work with Hardware and Platform Software teams to analyze the hardware component level and system level test coverage and develop software  that implements the level of coverage required for the hardware qualification
  • Participate in hardware bring-up, DVT and failure analysis during the product development cycle
  • Support the Diagnostic software in the Manufacturing and production tests and participate in the failure analysis

Qualifications

Your Experience:

• BS in EE or CS engineering discipline
  • 8+ years of experience writing platform diagnostic software
  • Proficient in C, assembly
  • Diagnostic SW development experience on bare metal firmware and/or on Linux operating systems for Intel X86 Atom/Xeon class SoC
  • Good understanding of memory interfaces - DDR4, I2C, PCIe, USB, GPIO, LPC, SPI, SATA controllers and interfaces
  • Experience in  HW bring-up
  • Self-starter who takes initiative and works well with hardware, manufacturing and system software teams

• Python scripting experience
  • Experience deploying and debugging tests in Manufacturing, ECO process

Additional Information

The Team

We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.

Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.

This role is located in Santa Clara, California.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-SM2