Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 4, 2020

Senior Staff Full Stack Software Engineer

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Your Career

As a member of the analytics and visualization group, you will be responsible for designing and developing new and innovative visualization and analytics for different services and apps at Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform. You will take ownership for large software components, help in the design of the architecture,  apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance in the whole software development cycle.

Your Impact

• Tackle new and challenging problems by building a new generation of visual analytics systems for network security.
  • Participate in architecture; design and development of features for the company’s visual analytics platforms
  • Solve complex web software development problems and build the necessary support on the backend
  • Research, suggest and implement different web/visualization/analytics  frameworks suited to the specific platform
  • Be able to design complex test cases for the system and work with the QA team
  • Suggest and implement improvements to the  development processes

Your Experience

Must have:

• BSc in Computer Science or relevant experience
  • At least 2 years of experience in software development
  • Experience with modern web build tools and frameworks such as: npm/yarn, Webpack, ReactJS, Redux
  • Good grasp of asynchronous programming
  • Experience in RESTful APIs and API Communication
  • Able to troubleshoot system-level integration and performance issues
  • Fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
  • Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
  • Enjoys working with different teams with strong collaboration and communication skills

Nice to have:

• MSc/PhD is a big plus
  • Experience with the following programming languages is a plus: Typescript/Javascript, Java, Scala, Python
  • Familiarity with WebGL is a big plus
  • Understanding of parallel processing concepts such as Map/Reduce
  • Experience with large data processing tools such as Apache Spark, Apache Arrow, fast in-memory columnar data stores, etc is a plus.
  • Query optimization understanding/experience is a big plus
  • Experience with Cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS
  • Experience with Docker & Kubernetes ecosystems is a plus

Your Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-SM2