Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 11, 2020

Systems Engineering Manager- US Public Sector- Prisma Access

Full-time in Reston, VA (Can work remote)

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

The US Public Sector Prisma Access Systems Engineering Manager will lead our Americas Prisma Access technical selling team for our US Federal and US SLED businesses reporting to the Americas Prisma Access Systems Engineering Director.

This individual will partner closely with the US Public Sector District Sales Manager, Prisma Access, and be responsible for the team of Systems Engineers (SEs) for our US Public Sector Prisma Access go to market.   This position requires a business-savvy individual with a strong background in building and leading technical sales teams that excel in a highly matrixed, continually evolving, high growth environment.

Your Impact

• Partner with the Prisma Access District Sales manager to drive US Public Sector sales-related initiatives

• Hire, develop, and retain the best technical selling team for the US Public Sector Prisma Access Speedboat’s unique needs.

• Develop and own outcome-oriented Systems Engineering programs that drive pipeline and sales within US Public Sector accounts with the Prisma Access and Core sales teams and drive greater efficiencies and success.  Report and make visible the successes and deficiencies of the initiatives within your area

• Develop and lead your team to understand and effectively articulate the key technical, operational, and commercial challenges our prospects and customers face and how the Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access solution uniquely addresses these challenges compared to alternative solutions.

• Lead the US Public Sector Prisma Access Systems Engineers to build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts, assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business, and to act as an escalation point when required

• Challenge and lead Systems Engineers to develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant paths to market, including but not limited to service providers, value-added resellers, system integrators, and alliance partners, which result in improved sales productivity.

• Interact with customers and partners and provide valuable insight into industry trends, customer challenges, technical evolutions, and business changes that will help the customer make their security decisions

• Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including Product Management, Core Sales leadership, Core SE leadership, Customer Success, and Professional Services, to overachieve quota and customer expectations.

• Consistently remove roadblocks to long term success through problem-solving and the building of formal and informal networks.

• Develop and maintain strong relationships and programs with relevant Public Sector paths to market, including but not limited to service providers, value-added resellers, system integrators, and alliance partners, which result in improved sales productivity.

• Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory and ensure that the proper resources are engaged for resolution

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Five years or more experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent

• Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and manage a team of technical sellers

• Demonstrated ability to successfully sell SaaS offerings or managed services

• Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s strategy and technology

• An articulate, social individual that can translate a highly technical solution in simple business terms and develop relationships with decision-makers

• Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the customer and a clear commitment to generating topline growth

• History of being present with your prospects, customers, team, and partners - 25% travel

Additional Information

The Team

As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve complex cyber threats.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or a particular need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

Videos To Watch