Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 24, 2020

Principal UX Designer (Prisma Cloud)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA (Can work remote)

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class UX team and our fast growth means we are continuing to look for top-notch UX professionals to expand the team. As a Principal UX Designer, you will design and shape our UX vision and processes and champion great design throughout the company. You must be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies. You will need to be able to work independently as well as part of a larger team to identify challenges and define solutions.

Qualifications

●        Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences

●        Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).

●        Partner with and influence product managers to understand product goals to drive the best experience

●        Analyze actual consumer behavior and design simple solutions to complex workflows

●        Confidently present and explain how to use data to inform the product experience to executive leadership teams

●        Work directly with UI engineers and be a liaison to help implement design specifications

●        Conduct high-level prototype testing to understand user behavior/expectations (leveraging our Design System)

●        Define research principles and models that can empower all products across Palo Alto Networks

●        Develop user-journey flows and customer experience mapping visualizations to better understand our position in the market

●        Collaborate with remote and co-located design teams across the globe

Additional Information

●        Career level experience with designing complex enterprise web applications

●        Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys

●        Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting

●        Experience designing products for security or IT users is a plus

●        Deep understanding of user-centered design principles

●        Knowledge of HTML, CSS, iOS, and Android is a plus

●        Knowledge of analytics tools ie. Tableau

●        Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English proficiency

●        Desirable using quantitative data dashboards and/or tools for visualizing large user data sets

●        Portfolio demonstrating design challenges and flows that met business/design goals

●        BS/MS or equivalent experience required

●        Preferred degree in computational social sciences (e.g,. Economics, sociology, psychology), statistics, computer science, related field, or equivalent experience