Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 3, 2020

Principal Productivity/Build Engineer

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

Are you someone who is passionate about building systems and tools that help drive Ci/CD? Do you get excited about helping developers and businesses release products and features fast with quality? If so, this may be the role for you! You will be working across groups so collaboration and teamwork will be a critical part of this role.

As a Productivity/Build Engineer with our engineering enablement team, you will need extensive knowledge of Ci/CD systems such as Jenkins. You thrive on setting up build systems that are automated and self-service. This role is well-suited for those who enjoy tackling big problems and want to ensure that the build process is never a bottleneck for delivering high-quality code quickly

Your Impact

• Constantly look to improve the speed and efficiency of our continuous delivery pipeline through automation, open-source tools and self-service jobs
  • Work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative and challenging environment with a focus on driving best practices across the organization
  • Collaborate with engineering and across other business units to keep our release dates on track
  • Mentor and coach more junior team members and drive best practices and knowledge across the build team
  • Be a champion for Ci/CD and constantly look for improvements in our release process

Your Experience

• At least 15 years of hands-on experience as a software engineer, technical build engineer, DevOps engineer or similar role
  • Outstanding critical thinking, organizational, collaboration and communication skills
  • Dependable self-starter who takes ownership
  • Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in Linux based build environments required
  • Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Bash or Python preferred)
  • Proven experience working with one or more Ci/CD systems (Jenkins etc) for automating build pipelines
  • Hands-on experience working with Kubernetes for automating containerized build environments, application deployments, scaling, or container orchestration is highly desirable
  • Experience in build environments that leveraged Perforce or Git desirable
  • Knowledge and experience with repository managers such as Artifactory desirable
  • Experience with enterprise products running in the cloud or in an appliance form factor desirable
  • B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent required (M.S. Preferred)

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-SS2