Posted 2 weeks ago on Oct. 16, 2020

Product Strategy Principal

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

Our Product organization is the innovation engine of Palo Alto Networks. With over 1,800 employees and led by our Chief Product Officer, the Product organization drives product management and engineering activities as well as cross-functional projects across GTM, Finance, and People teams. To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and proactively adapt our strategy and execution. We are forming a new Product Strategy team that will tackle critical and challenging initiatives in the Product organization to support our industry leadership and growth. We are seeking leaders to help build this team, and work with various products and functions to address issues that impact the company’s overall trajectory.

Your Impact

As a Product Strategy Principal, you will directly contribute to our success. You are a strategic thinker who is passionate about solving complex product strategy and execution challenges that are top-of-mind for executives. You will work collaboratively with teams to analyze issues and develop solutions to improve how we innovate, scale, build and deliver products. Your critical thinking skills, business acumen, data-driven insights, and influence will help our teams uncover opportunities and drive results.

No two days are the same, but you can expect to:

• Develop a strong foundation in our markets, products, and operations as the basis for defining our future direction
  • Work closely with product and cross-functional leaders on specific product strategy initiatives to define where we want to go and how we get there
  • Support and help drive business analysis to identify opportunities and inform decisions
  • Bring clarity of thought to effectively structure, communicate, and ensure alignment on our strategies and plans
  • Serve as an advisor to the product leadership team to ensure progress in critical areas

Qualifications

• 6+ years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years in management consulting, strategy, or business operations roles in technology (cybersecurity industry expertise is a plus but not required)
  • MBA from a top-tier business school or similar academic credentials
  • Excellent clarity and critical thinking skills, supported by a robust analytical skillset
  • Exceptional verbal & written communication skills to influence and communicate with all levels of management
  • Experience partnering with leaders and cross-functional teams to deliver results
  • Effective program management skills and demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic initiatives
  • High-energy self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments

Additional Information

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management team helps us do just that.

This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our Systems Engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in and helping to implement technical solutions based on our clients' feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.