Posted a month ago on Sept. 25, 2020

Senior Software Engineer Automation

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Senior automation engineer is responsible for automation and testing of Palo Alto Networks cloud infrastructure. You will collaborate with the Software Engineering team during product development and release. You will participate in a fast, educational work environment, with short release cycles. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated tests, the automation framework, and implementing QA processes - including writing test plans and test cases. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining tools to improve the efficiency of deployment and maintenance of the cloud system.

Qualifications

Your Impact

• Intermediate to advanced level Python coding skills
  • Experience in developing automation frameworks is preferred
  • Ability to design tools, libraries in automation framework
  • Experience with database technologies (MQSL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
  • Experience with REST API automation and concepts
  • Experience with Continuous Integration systems like Jenkins
  • Experience with cloud products such as AWS is a plus
  • Experience with writing complex test cases/plans and execution
  • Experience with QA methodologies and release cycles
  • Excellent communication skills, verbal and written

Your Experience

• Understanding how web services are deployed, maintained and updated
  • Experience with Curl, WGET, SSH, and FTP
  • Experience with SSL, DNS, TCP, and UDP networking is a plus
  • Experience working with APIs is a plus
  • Experience with Linux system administration
  • Experience with database clusters (MySQL)
  • Proven track record of learning new technologies
  • MS or BS in Computer Science or related majors

Additional Information

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-Dreese2