Posted a month ago on Sept. 25, 2020

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Director, Technical Accounting to join our Technical Accounting, External Reporting and Accounting Policy team. We are looking for someone with strong technical accounting skills, who is a great collaborator, and is passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment. The role will report to the Senior Director of External Reporting and Technical Accounting and provide technical accounting guidance on complex accounting issues and transactions as well as play a key role in understanding and adopting new accounting literature.

Your Impact:

• Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, debated, resolved, and appropriately documented in high quality technical accounting memos (Recent transactions have included acquisitions, hedging, software capitalization, leases, legal settlements, debt and equity offerings, etc.)
  • Research new accounting guidance from the FASB, IASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements
  • Support educational efforts on accounting and finance related issues, including new accounting guidance or new corporate policies
  • Support the External Reporting team with technical reviews of complex financial statement footnotes in SEC filings
  • Assist in the preparation and review of Company-wide accounting and finance policies, including the revision of existing policies and creation of new policies as new accounting standards are adopted
  • Play a key role in managing special projects, or partner with cross-functional teams as needed
  • Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure effective and efficient accounting operations

Qualifications

Your Experience:

• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; active CPA or equivalent required
  • 10~12 years of relevant experience in public accounting firms and high-tech industry companies with extensive technical accounting experience.
  • Excellent grasp of US GAAP and understanding of IFRS concepts
  • Self-motivated individual with the ability to meet project deliverables
  • Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
  • An ability to work well within a team structure and effect change cross functionally
  • Critical thinker who can foresee potential obstacles and propose alternative approaches
  • Experience building relationships and working directly with senior executives
  • Lifelong learner who is passionate about their subject matter expertise and emerging trends
  • High proficiency in MS Office

Additional Information

The Team

You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.

We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com

#CT1