Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 27, 2020

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of  life.

We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

As a Software QA engineer in the functional testing team, you will be responsible for testing the upcoming new features on Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall. You will participate in the requirements and design discussions and make a difference in shaping the future direction. The work will involve close interaction with development and product management teams. You will write and execute test plans based on requirements and design specs. You will maintain complex testbeds to validate the design.

You will drive the efficiency and reliability of our products by testing them thoroughly to understand potential risks, bugs, or issues, providing an exemplary product experience for our end users. You strive for the best in everything you do—meaning you won’t rest until the products you work on at the highest quality. You love hunting for problems within the code, seeking issues to correct, and enjoy the challenge of a code-based scavenger hunt that includes testing, providing feedback, and identifying alternative suggestions for our product’s environment.

Your Impact

• Responsible for functional testing and automation of Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall

• Develop and execute test plans and test cases

• Develop tools and infrastructure to improve the quality and efficiency of testing

• Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release.

• Automating the test cases using Python and other scripting languages

• Executing the automation regression release on release and raising defects if any

• Reproduce and debug issues found during and after software release

• Develop and maintain complex testbed environments

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Knowledge of UMTS/CDMA wireless architecture for data services

• Knowledge of LTE architecture Nodes: MME, S-GW/PGW

• Mobility/session management protocols, GTP, SCTP and other network mobility protocols.

• Experience with GNU tools and good to have experience with typical test tools from Spirent, Breaking Point, and Ixia

• Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira/Bugzilla and versioning systems like Perforce/git is desirable

• Proficient in Python Scripting and/or automation

• Knowledge of Windows and Linux system set up and administration

• Experience setting testbeds in a Virtualization environment is desirable

Additional Information

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.