Posted a month ago on Sept. 16, 2020

Senior Manager Technical Program Management (Firewall as a Platform)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

Firewall as a Platform (FWaaP) PMO is looking for a Senior Manager -Technical Program Management to build the next generation products and solutions.

We are looking for people who are hands-on with a track record for shipping complex product releases, who can lead the team in the entire product development lifecycle from strategy to delivery. You need experience with hardware and system software fundamentals, release management, cross-functional leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills.

Your Impact

You will be expected to be versed in the technical domains and be able to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products that will secure our digital life. We are looking for someone with strong critical thinking and analytical skills, who is a self-starter, a great communicator and has demonstrated ability to build consensus at all levels, and is passionate about driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment. In this role, you will:

• Work with key stakeholders in product management, engineering and cross functional teams to deliver technological solutions in sync with launch timelines
  • Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
  • Responsible for driving a wide range of development & infrastructure work-streams as part of any given technical initiative.
  • Able to work closely with Technical Architects/Technical leaders and understand deep technical topics
  • What does a TPM do? Our TPM role is focused on working amongst multiple teams to deliver functionality that those teams are responsible for. The TPM is the “glue” that holds teams together and maintains a bird’s eye view over what those teams are delivering and how those deliverables fit together. This involves two aspects, both equally important:
  • The “Technical” part of “TPM” requires identifying dependencies and technical risks that affect the various teams represented.
  • The “Program Manager” part of “TPM” involves scheduling, managing sprints, creating milestones, and reporting status. The interplay of these two responsibilities means that the TPM not only coordinates schedules, but helps the teams execute against their schedules.

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline
  • Career level experience in program management in enterprise business delivering products
  • 3-5 years experience managing program management teams
  • Deep intimate understanding of hardware and software development lifecycle
  • Strong leadership coupled with deep problem solving skills
  • Experience working with engineering teams on defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
  • Ability to recognize process related issues within an organization and the ability to identify and effectively track inter-dependencies
  • Demonstrable experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules
  • Executive presentation skills and demonstrated experience in running program meetings
  • Comfortable hosting senior level leaders (SVP/VP) and providing status/program updates
  • Hands on experience with JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian suite of products
  • Strong prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple job duties in a fast-paced environment
  • Very organized with strong project and/or program management experience with deep experience in cross-team coordination
  • Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
  • Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
  • Experience building dashboards that are consumed by all levels of the organization from the executive level down to the engineer level
  • Good working knowledge of productivity tools such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project, SmartSheet, Box, Slack.

Additional Information

Company

We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.

Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.