Posted 2 months ago on July 30, 2020

Principal Software Engineer (NGFW Management Software)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

You will be responsible for the design and development of a scalable distributed management plane infrastructure to manage Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation network security solutions.

Your Impact

• Actively participate and collaborate with team members to develop next-generation architecture

• Define and scope new features for improving logging infrastructure

• Design and develop highly scalable on-premise central management software for managing devices at scale in hybrid deployments

• Take ownership and work with product management, development and quality assurance groups in a fast-paced environment

Your Experience

• Experience developing on a Linux Platform

• MS/BS in Computer Science or Equivalent

• Excellent programming skills

• Experience managing large scale data in a distributed appliance deployment

• Experience or knowledge in distributed system development is a plus

• Experience programming in C is highly desirable, Golang is a plus

• Experience working with commonly used infrastructure tools like Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch is a plus

• Network appliance development experience is a plus

• Must be a self starter with ability to architect and deliver large complex solutions

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.  Avi!

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.