Posted 2 months ago on May 11, 2020

Sr Software Infrastructure Engineer

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

As a member of the Infrastructure software group at Palo Alto Networks, you will participate in the design and development of our next-generation firewall platforms. Responsibilities will include the design of system IPC mechanisms, internal process management, high availability and fault tolerance, kernel management, 3rd party software build and integration, and the overall definition and development of system software to provide a consistent environment for feature development.

As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test. This includes developing functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and participating in system level bring up, debug, and support.

Your Impact

• Work start to finish on product design, starting with conceptualization through to implementation
  • Innovate new product features based on client, partner, and technical support engineer feedback
  • Proactively identify product features for improvement and innovation
  • Troubleshoot changes to the product to ensure high quality output of product design

Your Experience

• Expert level C coding/debugging skills
  • Strong scripting skills with bash and python
  • Experience with building large-scale, multi-threaded software systems
  • Experience with the development of software libraries
  • Experience with build systems and tools such as gmake, autoconf, rpm, and cross compile environments
  • Experience with debugging Linux kernel performance and memory issues
  • Experience with high availability mechanisms is a plus
  • Experience with FIPS and CC Certifications is a plus
  • Ability to work well with senior engineers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
  • Familiarity with x86 and MIPS architecture is a plus
  • Related programming experience required

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#L1-MB1