Posted 2 months ago on Jan. 8, 2020

Global Account Manager

Full-time in San Francisco, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,138 ratings from 79 current or former employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

We are currently seeking a seasoned global/strategic accounts sales professional to lead and drive sales engagements into a set of large (primarily green-field) enterprise accounts. In this position, you will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses. You will meet/exceed sales quota by crafting and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Security Platform. Partnering with a SE, you will displace other technologies and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts.

Your Impact

• Acquire and run global/strategic accounts within your region
  • Employ world-class account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts
  • Conduct highly effective presentations to C level executives
  • Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Palo Alto Networks opportunity within major customer environments
  • Perform high-level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
  • Ability to build and strategize a 3-year account plan against assigned companies
  • Experience in working with Matrix organization and big teams.Ability to utilize a large pool of internal resources
  • Build relationships with and sell through channel partners

Your Experience

• BS technical degree or equivalent
  • 10+ years of above quota sales experience
  • Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
  • Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
  • Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
  • Strong communication (written and verbal)

The Team

Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.

As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated systems engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.