Posted a month ago on Sept. 18, 2020

Customer Success Engineer - SP Managed Services

Full-time in Plano, TX

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be part of a business-critical capability to enable our Service Provider customers to decrease time to market by supporting new and existing MSSP solutions. You act as their day-to-day technical contact, building relationships with them to ensure proper security integrations. This includes guidance for adoption, accelerated integrations with new cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You are someone who is technical, understands cloud technologies, and understands the complex world of Service Provider MSSP environments.

You love solving critical problems in challenging environments. In this role, you will work closely with our Service Provider GTM teams to support and enable our Service providers to quickly adopt, enable and sell new MSSP solutions . You will be the frontline support individual for challenges and esculations. The end result for the customer? Adoption of a successful and simple MSSP solution for their customers. The end result for you? An important career that impacts our daily lives in the digital age.

Your Impact

• Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives

• Assist customers in implementing Palo Alto Networks cloud solutions and fully integrate these into their security operations

• Be the first line of defense in proactively addressing customer needs for technical assistance, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams

• Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements

• Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed

• Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs

• Be a Go-To customer expert on Palo Alto Networks security solutions and become a Subject Matter expert over time.

• Performance metrics include CSAT, MSSP adoption, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement

Qualifications

8+ years relevant work experience in pre-sales, post-sales, technical support, consulting or similar roles

• In-depth understanding of Networking concepts and experience with multi-vendor networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, traffic generators etc.

• Enterprise level designing / troubleshooting experience in Routing Protocols (BGP / OSPF / EIGRP)

• Expertise with Remote Access VPN solutions, IPSEC, PKI & SSL, TCP/IP, Authentication Protocols (SAML, SSO, LDAP, RADIUS etc.)

• Knowledge of Linux (including BASH and Python scripting)

• Proven track record of managing customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions

• Strong consulting and project management skills

• Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, executives and explain their impact on business both internal and external to organization.

• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment

• Availability to provide after-hours deliverables on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis

• Flexibility for travel up to 30%

Additional Information

Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable our customers to derive maximum value from our once they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new solutions, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We proactively identify technical problems, and aim to fix those, before they become an issue. We are absolutely driven to becoming the best customer success organization in the industry.

We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.