Posted 2 months ago on May 11, 2020

Senior Director of Product Management (SD-WAN)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

As the product management leader at Palo Alto Networks for SD-WAN, you will be fully responsible for developing and driving our product strategy for securing SD-WAN environment. You will compliment you and your team’s creativity through deep interaction with customers and partners to understand requirements and needs. You will be responsible for all stages of product life cycle (conception, definition, development, pricing, release, and post-release activities) managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities. Other responsibilities include collaborating with Product Marketing to create product related sales and marketing materials and evangelizing the products and product strategy both internally and externally.

Your Impact:
  • Tale ownership of full product lifecycle for SD-WAN
  • Grow an existing business and also design something new, innovative, and disruptive
  • Build and launch enterprise class products and services
  • Grow and manage a strong technical product management team

Your Experience:

• BS/MS in Computer Science, Other engineering/technical degree, MBA preferred
  • 10+ years of experience in highly technical roles in product management, development, or enterprise services, at large organizations or innovative startups
  • Strong domain expertise in virtualization, networking, and security
  • Experience with high performance network and security platforms
  • Experience with SDN, SDWAN and NFV overlay/underlay protocols including Layer 2 and 3 VPNS, BGP, MPLS, VPLS, EVPN, VXLAN, OVSDB, IPv6, etc.
  • Deep understanding of branch routing, firewalls, security gateways, WAN optimization.
  • Knowledge of cloud lifecycle deployment and automation frameworks
  • Strong go to market and business analysis skills
  • Familiarity with usage/utility-based provisioning and pricing models
  • Understand and can position differences between CAPEX and OPEX service models
  • Demonstrated track record of success
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.

Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-MP1