Posted a month ago on Sept. 28, 2020

Manager/Senior Manager/Director Site Reliability Engineering (Cloud Management/Data Platform)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

The Role

As an SRE Manager, Senior Manager, or Director in the Cloud Management and Data Platform organization, you will lead a team that combines software and system engineering to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems and services that process millions of logs per second. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership to key projects as well as empowering and developing the teams to build and maintain the infrastructure required to operate highly reliable and performant applications and services in GCP.

Your Impact

• Lead by example, mentor the team and establish credibility through quality technical execution and pitch in with hands on help and code as needed to keep things running smoothly

• Develop, mentor and train other SREs on standard methodology from Infra orchestration to troubleshooting application services and infrastructure in production

• Own the strategy and development of the incident response management and service capacity management

• You will apply engineering leadership and deep knowledge of infrastructure and software development at scale to lead the operation, adoption, and evolution of these services

• A commitment to recruiting, growing and inspiring a diverse, equitable, respectful team and workplace

• Develop tight relationships with multiple software development partners, ensuring that product needs are met from an operations perspective

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Experience with 24/7 site monitoring and ability to own uptime & performance SLA’s

• Operational experience at scale - designing and operating highly available, scalable and fault-tolerant systems using container platforms such as Kubernetes

• Expertise in any Cloud platform. Bonus points for experience with Google Cloud Computing (GCP) and its related services

• Experience with developing Infrastructure as code with a framework such as Terraform, Ansible, Helmcharts etc.

• Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support

• BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience

• 8+ years of experience in site reliability and technical operations leadership with experience building large and geographically disperse infrastructure supporting business critical cloud services

• 4+ years of people management and team leadership experience including headcount planning and developing strong and motivated teams

Additional Information

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are continually innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and motivated by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only mitigated by a secure digital environment.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.

#LI-TD1