Posted a month ago on Sept. 18, 2020

Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Corporate Finance Topline Analytics and Reporting team. We are looking for a self-starter with excellent quantitative skills, a passion for advanced data analytics and automation, and a team-player with a collaborative mindset.

Your Impact

• Monitor ongoing performance of the business by performing data queries from CRM and other BI tools such as SFDC, Tableau, Clari, etc
  • Evaluate performance against plan and call out trends and variances
  • Build and maintain automated reports and dashboards that are easily shared across the team, along with detailed documentation
  • Build and maintain efficient and scalable financial models in Excel to support various in-quarter bookings analysis and forecasts
  • Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting with high accuracy and efficiency
  • Support Corporate Finance with ad hoc data-driven analysis
  • Provide ongoing data support to teams within and outside the Finance organization
  • Partner with the Finance Systems team in driving data integrity and automation

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
  • 4+ years of related experience; public company preferred
  • Prior experience with bookings analysis and reporting is highly preferred
  • Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
  • Ability to query and analyze large datasets and generate easily consumable reports
  • Ability to audit existing logic and write new logic for various data cuts using Tableau
  • Understanding of backend databases, testing, and definitions is a plus
  • Resourceful and proactive approach to problem solving
  • Effective presentation and written communication skills

Additional Information

We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com

#CT1