At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our digital way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Responsible for leading the strategic programmatic capture efforts in the Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence Community Federal districts. Responsible for identifying target opportunities, qualifying program pipeline, and winning critical programs. You will work closely with prospects and partners as a subject-matter sales expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements and in quarterbacking win strategies that utilize Field/Inside Sales, Proposal, Legal, Finance, and System Integrator teammates. This is a senior-level individual contributor position with a competitive compensation plan based on major program milestones and wins.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned pipeline and bookings quota MBOs
- Work closely with the Senior Management and Sales Account Team to provide relevant analysis/market information and strategic recommendations to result in a bid/no-bid decision
- Monitor relevant bid-boards to help find and track new and existing opportunities
- Ensure Program Capture pipeline is aligned with the associated Sales Director’s priorities perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Lead pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks
- Prepare and provide information and decision briefings for senior management
- Support price to win (PTW) analysis and helps establish the PTW target
- Responsible for validating/endorsing the technical solution in close partnership with the Solution Architect and/or sales engineering team
- Coordinates with the delivery team to assure that solution design can be properly delivered
- Develop a timeline and ensures that we meet key deal milestones and deadlines
- Post-award lead handoff process to transition a contract to the Delivery team to lead
- Become an expert in your domain, develop appropriate technical expertise, understand the value to the mission, ghost the competition, and use passion and conviction to win
- Work with Product Managers, Sales Engineering, Sales Operations, Legal and other resources to close complex opportunities - must work well in a team environment
- Partner with key business units and their leadership in developing winning value propositions, sales strategies, and gathering customer feedback
- Incubate and pioneer sales GTM approaches and develop them into a repeatable process for our sales force and partner community
- Engage with senior decision-makers and influencers internally and within the accounts supported - must be comfortable and credible in executive conversations
- Experience, including Program Capture, Business Development, and/or solution sales with major technology companies
- Proven ability to articulate compelling, business outcome-focused, value propositions
- Proven program management skills and able to demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated success in the development and capture of large government programs
- Adept at negotiating and establishing teaming arrangements/agreements
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player with a strong drive to win
- Willing to take a leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities
- Familiarity with a broad range of application, security and infrastructure software is desirable
- Strategic thinking and planning skills: demonstrated effectiveness in conducting market analysis, prioritizing investments, and measuring growth in territory and quota is preferred
- Direct selling expertise, ‘hunter’ mentality is a plus
- A solid presenter who is confident and able to sell ideas to internal and external stakeholders is desired
- Simplicity: ability to make complex issues easy to understand is desired
- Established contacts and intimate knowledge of the assigned territory is desired
- US Government Security Clearance is preferred
We work hand-in-hand with organizations around the world as they move to a more secure environment. As part of the Business Development team, you find and create opportunity, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.