Posted a month ago on Sept. 24, 2020

Customer Success Engineer - Prisma SaaS

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be part of a business-critical capability to enable our customers’ secure environments. You act as their day-to-day technical contact, building relationships with them to ensure proper security integrations. This includes guidance for adoption, accelerated integrations with new cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You are someone who is highly technical, understands cloud technologies, and understands the complex world of cloud ecosystems and integrations.

You love solving critical problems in challenging environments. In this role, you will work closely with CISOs, Security Architects, Customer Success Managers, and Development Operations teams within mid-to-large enterprises to implement best-in-class cloud security solutions. You will be the frontline defense against the world’s most pressing cybersecurity challenges. The end result for the client? Better digital protection. The end result for you? An important career that impacts our daily lives in the digital age.

Your Impact

• Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
  • Assist customers in implementing Palo Alto Networks cloud solutions and fully integrate these into their security operations
  • Be the first line of defense in proactively addressing customer needs for technical assistance, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams
  • Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
  • Coach customers on how to establish and manage their Cloud Apps Security Management
  • Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed
  • Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs
  • Be a Go-To customer expert on Palo Alto Networks cloud security solutions and become a Subject Matter expert over time
  • Performance metrics include CSAT, Renewal rate, Upsell / Cross-sell lead identification, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
  • Ownership and participation in customer support through ticketing system

Qualifications

Your Experience

• 5+ years relevant work experience in technical support, consulting or similar roles
  • In-depth understanding of cloud networking concepts
  • Familiarity with multi-factor authentication security systems (tokens, certificates, and similar)
  • Knowledge of AWS, Azure, or GCP
  • Proven track record of managing customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions
  • Strong consulting and project management skills
  • Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, executives and explain their impact on business both internal and external to organization.
  • Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
  • Availability to provide after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis
  • Flexibility for travel up to 25%

Additional Information

The Team

Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.

We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.