Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 5, 2020

Senior UX Designer (Firewall as a Platform)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA (Can work remote)

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

Firewall as a Platform Team is looking for a hardworking UX designer with expertise in creating state of the art visually appealing designs. You would join a team of like-minded people pushing the boundaries of web applications that tackle real problems in the information-security space. From ideation through implementation, you'll work with content creators, product stakeholders, and engineers to define the best user experience for fortune-500 companies and national security organizations. You possess a real passion for understanding the world of our users, generating insights and building solutions that empower them to do their best work. You’ll be working in teams to demonstrate other designer’s strengths, but also driving initiatives on your own. If you have an interest in creating high quality experiences that help protect the world from hackers, we want to hear from you!

Your Impact

• Assess, evaluate and challenge existing user experience focusing especially on visual and interaction designs.
  • Create, iterate and inspire ideas for future experience enhancements.
  • Work with the UX researcher to conduct research and supplement with customer feedback to enhance our product through thoughtful designs.
  • Create storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, visual mockups and style guides to support a rich user experience.
  • Work closely with our UI Engineers, UX Leadership, and Product Stakeholders to transform visual designs into a living, breathing application.
  • Ensure that product experience is relevantly aligned with business objectives.
  • Provide vision and design leadership across the team, including guidance in standard methodologies and new design developments and trends.
  • Conduct usability tests with customers to capture valuable insight into actual users’ mindsets.

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Career level experience  in user-centered design with hands on experience throughout the process, from user research to developing prototypes and collaborating on implementation
  • Experience in delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, personas and use case development is required
  • Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and distill complex needs into clean, understandable solutions
  • Understanding of information architecture, design patterns and interaction design
  • Work as part of a multi-functional team, with users, product owners, business analysts and development teams to deliver business value.
  • Ability to work independently, managing schedules in dynamic, multi-project environment.
  • Familiarity and ability to promote appropriate usability testing and user research endeavors.
  • Familiarity with Design and Prototyping software, such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Omnigraffle or equivalent
  • Demonstrable knowledge of and experience using core modern front-end web technologies (CSS, HTML/HTML5, JavaScript)
  • Knowledge of and experience with working with UI teams using modern extended front-end web technologies (Angular, jQuery, React, Canvas, Polymer, Bootstrap and others)
  • Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in good responsive design practices

Additional Information

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.