Posted a month ago on Sept. 24, 2020

Software Engineer (Research Team)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working towards technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

As a member of the Internet Security Research Team (PANDB Data Science), you will work closely with data scientists, security researchers, and other engineers on implementing different projects to detect and defend against various emerging threats in areas of Web Security. You will build big data and distributed systems that use machine learning and deep learning models to analyze and categorize an enormous amount of URLs. You will be a key person in transforming ideas into products which are part of the next generation security platform. The Internet Security Research Team is responsible for innovating new security techniques.

Your Impact

• Build threat research systems for both internal tools and customer-facing products.

• Write design documents, SW development guidelines, and best practices.

• Work closely with team members and PMs to gather requirements, design, implement and release.

• Work with QA and DevOps on release/deployment.

Qualifications

Your Experience

Creative thinker and team player, with good communication skills and desire to make differences.

• Proficient on Java programming. Additional Python programming experience is a plus.

• Familiar with Linux OS and shell scripting.

• Familiar with database systems such as MySql, MongoDB, or similar.

• Experience with Big data, distributed systems, and steaming tools, such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, and Kafka.

• Basic knowledge of machine learning. Knowledge of web content classification is a plus.

• Ability to design, implement, and deploy components; conduct regression and integration tests.

• Experience with container-based development (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.

• Basic knowledge of Front-End and javascript is a plus.

• Hands-on and can-do attitude.

• BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering

Additional Information

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.