Posted a month ago on Sept. 25, 2020

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

Palo Alto Networks is currently seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic individual to join its global legal department in Santa Clara, CA as a Sr. Contracts Negotiator, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Commercial Contracts (located at headquarters in Santa Clara, CA) in the Technology, Transactions & Privacy practice group within the Global Legal Department. The Sr. Contracts Negotiator will be part of a fast-moving, collaborative legal team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business on a daily basis.  The team is focused on developing our next generation agreements and programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire security operating platform. This position will work closely with sales, sales operations, revenue and finance, channel operations and global customer service teams. You will also be an important resource for Legal colleagues on a global basis.  Strong candidates are solutions-driven and independent, with direct experience in drafting and negotiating various technology, professional services and channel agreements. Excellent interpersonal, communication and drafting skills, and the ability to synthesize complex issues, influence and lead across functions are required – a sense of humor is a plus!

Your Impact

• In this position, the individual will engage in the contract review, negotiation and execution process to ensure compliance with business requirements and company policies
  • In partnership with Senior Manager, Commercial Contracts Negotiator, act as legal support for various customer-facing contracts, including drafting and negotiating contracts, engaging in special projects as assigned. Familiarity with and working knowledge of privacy legal issues in order to review, draft and negotiate various Data Protection Agreements with customers and vendors
  • Prepare, review and negotiate commercial agreements for procurement and revenue inbound/outbound licenses, distribution, professional services, statements of work, services and support contracts and NDAs
  • Conduct responsibilities, projects and interactions in accordance with Palo Alto Networks’ stated values
  • Work with cross functional teams as required to manage internal review and approval processes
  • Work in Apttus CLM system to obtain signatures, approvals, and document specific contract terms

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
  • 4~6 years’ experience working in-house negotiating commercial contracts
  • Working knowledge of privacy and GDPR issues
  • Ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks quickly, accurately, and efficiently in a fast paced environment and under deadline pressure
  • Diligent, flexible, detail orientated and self-motivated
  • Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and computer skills are required
  • Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism and collegiality

Additional Information

The Team

We are a Legal Team who is unrelenting in our pursuit of achievement, we are constantly seeking improvements and can take on every challenge. We value a positive attitude and high empathy. We adjust according to the situation, learn new things, innovate, and try new methods. We value collaboration, function as a team and know that our colleague’s experience and knowledge are valuable. We demonstrate the highest level of adherence to not only what is legal but also what is right. We apply our legal knowledge to real-world scenarios, have a desire to explore the unknown and question the status quo in pursuit of better, more effective solutions.

We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com

#CT1