Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 16, 2020

Security Researcher (Malware Analysis)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

As a member of the Security Research Team, you will work with researchers on implementing different projects that detect and defend against various emerging threats especially in the area of Linux/IoT security. You will be a key person in transforming ideas into products which are part of the next generation security platform. The Security Research Team is responsible for innovating new security techniques.

Your Impact

• Participate in the development of our automated malware analysis solution
  • Identify new techniques and solutions to improve existing infrastructure
  • Work closely and build relationships with other teams and communicate with various platform services

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Strong standout colleague with a can-do attitude and a drive to take ownership and initiative
  • Proficiency in Python and prior experience in at least one of Golang, C, C++ or Java
  • Demonstrated experience in developing products for the cloud (backend)
  • Experience with Linux system internals, IoT security research and reverse engineering a big plus
  • Product development experience with container technologies a big plus
  • Familiar with malware sandbox environments or cyber security a big plus
  • Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems
  • BS/MS in computer science/engineering, or equivalent experience

Additional Information

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.