Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 11, 2020

Full-time in Reston, VA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

The Prisma Access Systems Engineering Director, Americas will lead our Americas Prisma Access technical selling team for all segments in Canada, the US, and Latin America reporting to the Vice President of Americas Systems Engineering.

This individual will partner closely with the Americas Regional Vice President, Prisma Access, and be responsible for the team of Systems Engineers (SEs), Channel SEs, and Consulting Engineers for our Prisma Access go to market.   This position requires a business-savvy individual with a strong background in building and leading technical sales teams that excel in a highly matrixed, continually evolving, high growth environment.

Your Impact

• Partner with the RVP, Prisma Access to drive enterprise-wide sales-related initiatives

• Hire, develop, and retain the best technical selling team for the unique needs of the Prisma Access Speedboat.

• Oversee technical pre-sales operations and overachieve revenue generation, individual, team, and organizational quotas

• Develop and own outcome-oriented Systems Engineering programs that drive pipeline and sales with the Prisma Access and Core sales teams and to drive greater efficiencies and success.  Report and make visible the successes and deficiencies of the initiatives within your area

• Develop and lead your team to understand and effectively articulate the key technical, operational, and commercial challenges our prospects and customers face and how the Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access solution uniquely addresses these challenges compared to alternative solutions.

• Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including Product Management, Core Sales leadership, Core SE leadership, Customer Success, and Professional Services, to overachieve quota and customer expectations.

• Develop and deliver programs that successfully enable the Core SEs to represent the Prisma Access solution effectively within their accounts and territories

• Consistently remove roadblocks to long term success through problem-solving and the building of formal and informal networks.

• Interact at a senior level with customers and partners and provide valuable insight into industry trends, customer challenges, technical evolutions, and business changes that will help the customer make their security decisions

• Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory and ensure that the proper resources are engaged for resolution

Qualifications

Your Experience

• A minimum combination of eight years of first and second line, Systems Engineering management experience

• Demonstrated ability to manage managers, not just individuals

• Experience in dealing with abstract ideas or situations across multiple functional areas

• Demonstrated ability to assess intangible variables, identify and evaluate fundamental issues, and provide strategy and direction for a major functional area

• A history of creating formal and informal networks with key decision-makers, both internal and external, serving as the spokesperson for an organization

• Well versed in working on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.

• Success in the development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people, ensuring that schedules met corporate requirements.

• Demonstrated ability to successfully sell SaaS offerings or managed services

• Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s strategy and technology

• An articulate, social individual that can translate a highly technical solution in simple business terms and develop relationships with decision-makers

• Highly commercial in orientation, with a strong focus on the customer and a clear commitment to generating topline growth

• History of being present with your prospects, customers, team, and partners - 50-75% travel

Additional Information

The Team

As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve complex cyber threats.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating together.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

Videos To Watch