Posted 2 months ago on July 29, 2020

Manager Engineering (Prisma Cloud)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

In this role within the Prisma Cloud Security team, you'll be responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. You'll help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud.

Your Impact

• Build, architect and execute on the software development strategy to develop, enhance and support features and functionality for the Prisma Cloud platform.
  • Strong execution focus and ability to lead multiple distributed engineering teams and drive a results-oriented culture in a fast-paced environment.
  • Evangelize the product vision internally and externally. Be able to represent the company, product, and team at all levels. Strong presentation skills and ability to champion ideas and initiatives.
  • Clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to project teams.
  • Partner with the product management organization to develop and deliver on roadmaps, and with the architecture team on the technical strategy.
  • Collaborate closely with the QA and devops teams to achieve quality and timely releases. Work closely with Customer Success and Customer Engineering teams to improve outcomes.
  • Recognize process and product gaps early and be able to lead changes to achieve better outcomes.
  • Manage, recruit, train, and develop software engineers and support those engineers in their professional goals.
  • Ensure engineers are following best practices around coding, testing, automated builds, etc. with acceptable code coverage for every release.
  • Be a strong mentor and coach to the teams.
  • Own the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
  • Create and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements and manage technical resources within budget and project schedule.
  • Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of the leadership team through direct involvement in formation and evolution of the technical strategy.
  • Further innovation in the organization.

Your Experience

• M.S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
  • Experience building and leading multiple distributed teams
  • Experience overseeing all aspects of software development
  • Experience building high volume, high scale SaaS products
  • Strong experience with distributed system architecture and public cloud
  • Track record of recruiting top talent to build and scale teams
  • Excellent presentation and organizational skills
  • Ability to weigh conflicting priorities and make quick decisions in a dynamic environment
  • Strong communicator with the ability to evangelize ideas at all levels
  • Strategic thinker with the ability to execute the vision
  • Security experience is a nice to have, but not required

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodations due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com