Posted a month ago on Sept. 24, 2020

Internship in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

As a Systems Engineer Intern, you will quickly ramp on Palo Alto Networks technology and will be assigned to multiple SEs. You will work together to complete critical work that supports customers in the pre-sales process. In this role, you will also work with sales on customer engagements and establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches.

Upon completion of your summer internship, you will be required to do a final presentation on your contribution to getting a successful technical sell  (i.e. collect customer environment information, heat map, POC deployment, success criteria definition, recommended architecture/solution, and much more).

Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.

Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:

• 1:1 mentorship

• Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity

• The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects

• Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders

Your Impact

• Establish yourself as a trusted team member to SE leadership and colleagues and contribute to sales wins throughout the program

• Architect and propose solutions which address the identified cybersecurity problems in each customer’s unique environment

• Ensure ongoing customer happiness, support, and adoption of cybersecurity solutions

• Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow up with the customer until the issue is resolved

• Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)

Qualifications

Your Experience

• BS in Computer Science, technical cybersecurity or networking program

• Experience with systems installation, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems

• Experience with cloud networking services such as AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus - not required.

• Understand and effectively present complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences

• Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex problems and a systematic approach to create solutions

• Mature and effective time-management skills

• Knowledge and desire to learn of modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies

Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.

Additional Information

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.