Posted a month ago on Sept. 23, 2020

Major Account Manager

Full-time in New York City, NY

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

As we continue to grow as an organization, we are hiring premier major accounts sales professionals to run and drive sales engagements into a set of new enterprise accounts. Partnering with a systems engineer, you will displace competing technologies and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts.

You develop trusted relationships at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by our solutions. Your credibility will guide customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings - and love a technical challenge.

Your Impact

• Play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses
  • Acquire and manage major accounts within your account set, growing the business and developing pipeline
  • Employ world-class account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within targeted major accounts
  • Conduct highly effective presentations to C-level executives
  • Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximizes opportunity within major customer environments
  • Perform high-level sales planning, leading to accurate forecasting of the business
  • Build relationships with and sell through channel partners
  • Meet and exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of our Next Generation Security Platform

Qualifications

• BS technical degree or equivalent
  • 10+ years of above quota sales experience
  • Prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including but not limited to firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, security proxies and caches
  • Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances
  • Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills
  • Managed at least a $3Mn/ $4Mn dollar territory
  • Understands the power of channels and has strong channel CXO level relationships with both T2 partners and Distributors
  • Experience in both direct & channel sales a plus
  • A technology orientation and can articulate well at CXO levels
  • Strong exposure working with Inside sales team and is seen as a territory leader
  • Experience working in a fast-growing environment is preferred
  • Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach is preferred

Additional Information

The Team

As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.