Posted 3 months ago on April 22, 2020

Interaction/UX Designer (Consumer Products)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career, Impact, and Team

Our team designs and builds hardware devices, networking technologies, software, and services for delivering on customer needs and wants, innovating with opinion to anticipate customer requirements. Our designs are beautiful, customer appropriate, and functional.

As Interaction Designer, you merge right and left brains to deliver software experiences which are beautiful, functional, and customer appropriate for their use. You bring together customer and design insights, define product details as well as the whole product, and work with engineering and product to develop the product. You are able to gather and analyze large amounts of information efficiently and deliver compelling, insightful recommendations. You have skills and experience in defining, designing, and shipping software products to a large number of users, and you have a strong understanding of the disciplines which contribute to the product lifecycle.

The products you work on are new to Palo Alto Networks, so you are entrepreneurial and hands-on in your design approach while helping to craft a vision and participating in the cross-functional team to execute on that vision. You will help build the Design team to deliver on a 10-year mission, as this is a start-up area within Palo Alto Networks.

You will partner with Engineering and Product Management to assess the viability of new product features and iterate on solutions to optimize the customer deliverable. As part of that process, you will create user flows and wireframes to build user interface mockups and prototypes.

You will work with Marketing to align interaction design with brand and the key selling propositions and messaging for launch already during the design phase of products and then iterate through the product lifecycle.

You are the day-to-day UX Design voice of the program both with the cross-functional teams and with management.

You will develop and grow Design talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention in a fast growth, highly competitive economic environment.

Your Experience

• Bachelor degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Computer Science (Preferred: Master degree)
  • 7 years of experience in software Interaction Design/UX Design defining design concepts and contributing to new products/experiences, working across multiple platforms
  • Ability to collaborate at technical level with Designers, UX Researchers, Product Management, Engineers, and Marketing throughout the product development process
  • Demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to design, leading and ideating on products from scratch, and recruiting and developing design talent
  • Portfolio with at least 5 major projects which demonstrate experience crafting digital interfaces

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com

#LI-MP1