Nava

4.3 Female Representation in Top Leadership
4.0 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
3.8 Family Growth Support
N/A Company Responsiveness

Comments

I've been in tech for 8+ years now, and have never been part of a team as graceful under pressure or as skilled at communication as I have at Nava. I appreciate the thought put into company policies around remote work, parental leave, and professional development (to name a few!) and the inclusivity of processes that determine and update those policies. I love being part of a team that tackles complex government services projects with patience, a sense of humor, and diplomacy. I'm inspired by my team's approach to thinking about each problem as an opportunity to drive a larger mission of improving the way public services get built and maintained.

The team at Nava is small, but thoughtful and empathetic -- I've never worked with a team so open to new ideas, and who actually respect others. I have a lot of confidence in our inclusive growth as a team.

Create software that radically improves how our government serves people.

We're a team of engineers, designers, and product builders that were brought in to help fix HealthCare.gov in the winter of 2013. Since then, we've been working with the government to improve the services HealthCare.gov provides. The new application process that we designed and built is now used by millions each year to sign up for health insurance, and has helped America reach its lowest uninsured rate ever. With our experience repairing complex systems at HealthCare.gov we’ve seen how building with high expectations, clear design, and scalable infrastructure can create dramatic benefits. We’ve been the firefighters – now we’re the architects.

We're proud of what we've been able to do, but our work is far from done. We’ve since begun work with both the Department of Veterans Affairs and Medicare. We are focused on modernizing the VA’s appeals processing systems – Veterans currently wait, on average, five years to receive a resolution. For Medicare, we are designing and building the architecture for Medicare's historic transition towards value-based care.

We’ve started Nava as a public benefit corporation to radically improve how our government serves its people. We’re here for the people that have no seat at the table — design for them, make decisions for them. We are their advocate and an active and responsible steward of that power. We build with empathy and inclusion, and as we come from many backgrounds and countries ourselves, we seek and value different perspectives. We'd love for you to come join us.

Women at Nava

This information is provided by Nava

This information is provided by Nava

• 15 paid time off days/year (average)
  • Unlimited sick leave

• Tuition reimbursement
  • Professional development stipend

• Diversity council

• 16 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 16 weeks fully paid adoptive leave

• Meal deliveries 3x week for employees on parental leave.

• Subsidized healthy food

• Frequent social activities
  • Company retreats
  • Snacks and drinks
  • $3,000 setup stipend (ergonomic equipment, laptop, etc)

Nava Is Hiring

Infrastructure Engineer (DC, SF, NYC)

Details

Experienced Software Engineer (DC, SF, NYC)

Details

Experienced Software Engineer - Backend (DC, SF, NYC)

Details

Business Development Lead (DC)

Business Analyst (DC)