Get Matched

Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)

4.5 | Laurel, MD | Defense & Space | 5001 to 10000 Employees

4.0 Family Growth Support
4.0 Learning Opportunities
4.0 The People You Work With
3.5 Social Activities and Environment

Comments

Tell us in your own words what it's like for women working at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL).

We provide solutions to national security and scientific challenges with systems engineering, technology research and development, and analysis.

Our scientists, engineers, and analysts serve as trusted advisors and technical experts to the government, ensuring the reliability of complex technologies that safeguard our nation’s security and advance the frontiers of space. We maintain independent research and development programs that pioneer and explore emerging technologies and concepts to address future national priorities.
We are the nation's largest University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), with over 6,000 employees. UARCs are independent, nonprofit organizations that conduct essential research, development, and systems engineering to support national security needs.

This information is provided by Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)

• 15 paid time off days/year (average)
  • 7 sick leave days/year (average)
  • Frequent remote work available
  • Paid leave: Paid vacation leave ranges from 15 to 25 days per year, based on staff level and years of service. In addition to paid sick leave and one personal day per year, paid leave is also available for military leave, jury duty, continuing education, and bereavement.
  • Flexibility: Many positions offer the flexibility of adjusting your work schedule to meet your personal needs. Many employees may be eligible to work remotely.

• Tuition reimbursement
  • Financial assistance for continuing your education: We pay for up to 18 credit hours per academic year for pursuit of a degree or part-time coursework. We also partner with Johns Hopkins University’s Engineering for Professionals program to offer convenient, on-site evening classes and other learning opportunities for relevant degrees.
  • Continue learning throughout your career: APL encourages staff members to join professional organizations, attend conferences and training programs, and publish papers. We provide our employees with the resources and funding needed to participate in professional development.
  • On-site learning opportunities: APL’s Training and Development Office partners with internal audiences to design and develop learning and professional development solutions that advance the our mission.

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council

• 10 weeks unpaid paid maternity leave
  • 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 10 weeks unpaid paternity leave
  • 2 weeks fully paid adoptive leave
  • 10 weeks unpaid adoptive leave
  • Parental leave is available for six months following the birth or adoption of a child. We offer 80 hours of paid parental leave and 400 hours of unpaid parental leave. For staff members who give birth to a new child, this leave is in addition to any approved period of Short Term Disability. Parental leave runs concurrent with Family Medical Leave (FML), if eligible. FML provides job protection during approved periods of leave to care for a child.

• Dedicated lactation facilities

• On-site fitness classes and/or equipment
  • Nutrition and/or weight management counseling
  • Yoga and/or meditation

• Frequent social activities

Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) has no jobs listed at this time.