Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa

1.9
1.7
1.6
1.5

Comments

The owner exclusively hires good looking young women, whether this is a poorly thought out plan to sell more memberships or for his own amusement was very unclear. You won't be able to get more than 15 hours a week even when you ask for it. The owner and managers were resistant to listening to employee concerns about the culture and environment.

Management was poor, compliance with labor laws minimally existent

The owner is a horrible person who does not know how to run a business and she does things impulsively without notice and it severely effects the employees.

This is a good job just to ride you over. I started here while finishing up school and they were able to fully accommodate my school schedule and knew that it was my priority. Lots of down time between clients and they allowed me to work on assignments for school as long as i finished all tasks, which were very simple. Once I finished I bumped myself to full time to work while I am looking for something else. Not a lot of room for advancement- I’m a great employee (not self-assessed, rather all coworkers come to me if They need anything) and even though my customer service skills are great, if you are not pulling in numbers by selling memberships, you don’t have much wiggle room. I had inquired about being manager when they needed one and was shot down nicely because my numbers were not good enough for them, even though all of my coworkers agreed and WANTED me to be manager.

In short, no numbers no advancement, decent pay but not well enough to live on. Good first job especially if you don’t want to work retail or you want to get out of retail.

Owners are not familiar with the industry at all. They don’t realize their employees are the back bone of their business. They are biased and play favorites. Their “Lead” Esthetician’s water in the steamer looks like swamp water and the owners are oblivious to the numerous state board violations in the Spa. Hard work and dedication are not recognized at all. They should have purchased a Jack In The Box.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa?