Gensler

Management Opportunities for Women
3.1
Employer Responsiveness
2.8

Comments

The lactation rooms are the 2 private phone rooms, so it would be nice to have a dedicated room only for moms. Lots of women in leadership, in Dallas and firmwide.

I've been here for six months and here is what I've seen:
Equal female and male leadership at the very top
Female leadership at the local level
Patience and mentor ship from female and male supervision
Flexible hours;
Total commitment to excellence in work product
Sociable and friendly atmosphere

This has been a enriching experience and I look forward to many years to come.

I loved Gensler. The place itself is a big motivator and source of inspiration to be learn and grow. I was an intern when I worked there, and I was surrounded by female leaders and role models. I hope to one day work full time with Gensler!

It is not possible to have it all. At my job, I am typically working in tandem with global offices and supporting urgent client deadlines. With that in mind, even having a flexible policy would not generally be feasible. I am glad for the flexibility I do get but it is clear that to pursue leadership tracks you need to put in the hours and there is not getting around that for parents who want to or have to spend more time at home. One thing I am disappointed in is the lack of a networking group or mentorship for women, who can ideally advice on career planning (e.g. does it make sense to "mommy track" a couple of years, and then pick up the pace, or will any mommy tracking change how you are viewed in the organization, etc.) There are also no women with children in our top tier leadership so no role models to observe.

Anonymous Rater

Work in HR or Recruiting for Gensler?