Food Lion

1.6
1.5
1.5
1.2

Comments

Worst place to work at to date, the management sucks, they play favorites, requested 3 days off in a row for my child’s competition, only given 2, was told I had to work the third or I was fired with no cause what so ever. Forced to work way more hours than scheduled. Was told that I was replaceable even though I worked hard and did what I was supposed to do. Nothing was ever good enough for management. I always did something wrong in their eyes. Manager would just not show up for at least 2 shifts and nothing ever came of it. I was sick and tried to call out because I was throwing up, told I would have to come to work either way; to work, or bring a doctors note. Mind you i couldn’t get out of bed and was home alone. Just all around awful.

Women are frequently treated like it's the 1950s, but with less ass-grabbing. Being made to fetch coffee and getting cut off/told you're wrong while "Jeff" is treated like a god for the same idea is kind of standard.

In regards to the particular establishment that I worked at, the store manager was a sexist jerk that would write up female employees for the same mistakes his bro squad was making and he overlooked. He pushed me out the door after months of threatening my job and emotional turmoil.

Stores vary from location to location. Female store managers are uncommon. Most district leaders are male as well.

Unorganized.

Anonymous Rater

Work in HR or Recruiting for Food Lion?