Fitbit

2.0 Family Growth Support
1.8 Learning Opportunities
1.7 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program
1.5 Female Representation in Top Leadership

Comments

Depends on team but many good people to work with and leadership has genuine respect for female employees.

However, executives could do better in terms of actual initiatives to promote women and diversity. All efforts are still grassroots.

I was an engineer in the Boston office for over a year. In general, I was very dissatisfied with the gender bias both on my team and in the company. There is very little support or mentorship available for female engineers, and no one with leadership power pays any attention to the internal gender equality group that has started up. Credit was usually directed at the male engineers working on a project even if one of the female engineers was leading/architecting it. It was also frequently assumed that I was a project manager instead of an engineer any time I was working with someone from another team. Most notably, when I met the CTO he shook my hand and then said, "So, are you a project manager here?"

There is a nice diversity in terms of age, skin color, and gender.

The good -- there are an unusually high number of female engineers and researchers.

The bad -- there are extremely few women in management, although this is improving slowly.

Anonymous Rater

Fitbit has a number of great resources, like standing desks and in-office fitness classes. But it has a lot of problems, too. While PTO is generous (10 hours/month), you're expected to work at least part of the time you're out and check-in via email or phone throughout your PTO. There's also no room for growth. They hire new managers rather than promote from within, and there's very little opportunity to learn new skills or explore different interests; I've heard from numerous employees who asked their manager if they could learn something new and were told a strong no, and I've gone through this myself as well.

Anonymous Rater

I really love working at Fitbit. The workplace culture is a "work in progress" in supporting the elevation and success of women but we are talking about it and employees have created an equality coalition. I would really like to see the focus be having more women in leadership roles and tangible mentorship opportunities.

Anonymous Rater

Work in HR or Recruiting for Fitbit?