Get Matched

3.3 Learning Opportunities
3.2 Management Opportunities for Women
2.4 Female Representation in Top Leadership
2.3 Sponsorship or Mentorship Program

Comments

Total incompetence and lack of continuity with management and clinical operation directors. The patients are not being cared for and the nurses who really have the experience and knowledge in Care management with an impeccable work ethic are not given credit. It was like being in high school with a click of girls who were extremely deceptive. The clinical leads had zero Care management experience and it showed. They had meeting after meeting with no specific plan or goal just constant changes that led the patients to switch insurances. Would not recommend working there as a nurse if you are a serious professional.

I have worked for Evolent Health for 2 years. I have never felt that this company has in any way devalued women or their importance. I have had two supervisors in Clinical Director Positions. If anything positions should be considered for more balanced representation for leadership positions, and I have confidence that is their plan. Today, #internationalwomensday I wanted to show support and love for a company that I am proud to work for.
KH

Evolent Health advertises themselves as being a young, progressive company but in many ways they are hierarchical and male dominated.
-Employees in market locations do not have access to healthy work environment benefits enjoyed by the Arlington staff. The company frequently tells new employees about free snacks, treadmill desks, etc but less than 1/3 of employees have these benefits.
-This is a male dominated company. 14/17 members of executive leadership are male. It is not unusual to watch men be promoted over capable women.
-Flexible work schedules and work at home is not available to everyone. Staff from Arlington are given far more latitude in working from home than market staff. Most market staff are expected to work at the office on a set schedule.
-Salaried employees are expected to work 50-60 hours per week, at minimum, and complete time cards demonstrating this.
-The company does not offer any tuition assistance benefits. They recently cut the health insurance and 401k benefits.

Overall, this is a very difficult place to work as a woman. Yes, it will build your resume, but you'll work long hard hours, watch your male counterparts be promoted, and won't have opportunities to grow professionally/educationally.

Promotion is not fair across the organization. It is granted to those that are in Arlington and have a tendency to schmooze as opposed to hard work. For those who work countless hours, it is very demoralizing. Remote and traveling employees are out of sight and out of mind.

The company is very generous with PTO and flexible work arrangements. The one thing I will say that is frustrating to a lot of people is lack of growth for lower level employees.

Your Future Evolves Here

Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.

Are we growing? Absolutely--62% in year-over-year revenue growth through 2015. Are we recognized? Definitely. We’re 12th on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Promising Companies for 2015, one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.

This information is provided by Evolent Health

• 25 paid time off days/year (average)
  • Frequent remote work available
  • 4 paid days off each year (in addition to PTO time and holidays) for volunteer work

• WE for All - provides opportunities for Evolent employees to connect with professional and diversity organizations, includes mentorship and development
  • Accelerate! Program – accelerates the growth and leadership capabilities of high performing employees
  • All employees have individual development plans with access to customized leadership training, development courses, a standardized internal interview process and cross-functional career advancement opportunities
  • We ensure clinical staff can continue working at the top of their license with online education, training on innovative care trends and licensure assistance

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council

• 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 4 weeks fully paid adoptive leave
  • The maternity and parental leave paid leave allotments are in addition to an employee’s Paid Time Off (PTO) allotment but run concurrently with disability, FMLA, and state parental leave programs.

• Dedicated lactation facilities
  • Onsite activities for families, including, "take your child work day" programs and Halloween parties

• On-site fitness classes and/or equipment
  • An online wellness portal that provides access to a personal fitness tool and interfaces with popular wellness apps and fitness devices.
  • Healthy snacks are provided in the office
  • Free, in-office gym (with locker rooms and showers)
  • Bike rack in our building
  • Workstation treadmills
  • In-office wellness days – featuring back massages, yoga classes, flu shots, stretching sessions, biometric health screenings and food demonstrations performed by our very own Registered Dieticians,
  • “Corporate Athlete” Initiative – this program trains and encourages employees to manage time while managing energy. This involves exercise, mediation, taking breaks during the work day, calendar management, making time for training, development, and professional growth, and utilizing paid time off to disconnect from work.
  • Each employee is allocated $50/year to participate in a wellness activity. Wellness activities include: weight loss programs, sports team participation dues, race fees, smoking cessation programs, golf lessons/greens fees, personal training sessions, etc.

• Game room
  • Evolent is an open environment that fosters collaboration and embraces our flat organizational structure. We sit in desk groups with our team, encouraging the exchange of ideas and creating a sense of employee unity. Our conference rooms are window-encased to promote transparency.
  • Evolent is committed to making sure that employees have a voice in their work and the ability to provide feedback. Twice a year Evolent asks that employees participate in an engagement survey here they can voice their concerns or provide positive feedback anonymously. This information is then provided to managers and action teams are formed. The Actioneer team is cross-departmental team focused on action planning. By allowing teams with similar focus areas to work together on solutions we increase transparency and reduce wasted work.
  • Utilization of Reflektive allows us to get real time information and feedback from employees
  • At our Quarterly events we have Walk the Walk awards where employees nominate other employees to receive an award based on the Evolent values. One award is given for each of the 6 values: start by listening, own the opportunity, pioneer’s spirit, excellence in all, humility and unflinchingly can-do.
  • Support for employees who perform military service
  • Healthy snacks are provided in the office
  • Free, in-office gym
  • Workstation treadmills
  • Pool table and video games in the office for when you need a break
  • Outdoor Terrace
  • In-office wellness days; optional back massages, flu shots, and biometric health screenings
  • The company and each team are allocated resources for quarterly events - examples of past events have been Nationals Baseball game outings, swanky holiday parties, ropes course outings, painting classes, etc.
  • We are active in our community and contribute to over 20 philanthropic events. Evolenteers are especially passionate about Movember – in 2015 we raised $24,000 for this cause. Also, in support of employees who have been affected by Lymphoma, Evolunteers fundraise for and participate in the National Capital Area Light the Night Walk. In the past two years, we’ve raised over $15,000 to help find a cure. As part of our benefits package, each employee is given 4 additional days of paid time off to give back to the community.

Evolent Health has no jobs listed at this time.