Citigroup

3.2
Company Responsiveness
3.0
2.9

Comments

I worked for that company for 10+ yrs. I went on medical leave and they refused to approve my time off and I had to "leave" the company before I could get paid for my LOA. It was NOT a decision I made easily but my Dr told my fibromyalgia was getting worse and stressing from making sure all of my scores were where the needed to be caused me great pain! This place will NOT promote anyone unless you brown nose and kiss butt! They on the other hand offer great benefits to everyone. Buy if you work for them don't EVER get sick! I had a guy friend that worked there and had a tooth pulled and got paid being out for two weeks. I on the other hand, had a hysterectomy and the only approved 3 out of 6 weeks for my healing! Go figure on that one!

The men in upper management will stare at you, follow you on your breaks, flirt, look at places other than your eyes. If one of them gets accused of sexual harassment, they are protected by the desperate middle aged women and the good ol' boys up the ladder. This company funded the pipe line in SD while promoting green incentives in the work place... I hate this evil corporation. Lastly, it is not millennial friendly- especially for the smart ones.

They have lactation rooms on all floors. Big break rooms, nice cafeteria. wonderful maternity leave policies.

The longer you're there, the less security you have. They want their labor cheap, no matter what level of service is being provided. Highly qualified, well-educated women are let go for little or no reason so younger, less expensive models can be brought in. Older, less attractive women will be terminated or relegated to non-public roles. Years of service have little value. I left because I could see the the pattern when I turned 30. I didn't want to give them another 10 years, only to find I was no longer needed when a new crop of boobs came in.

Like many large companies, Citigroup over compensates. If anything, women are favored against men. Only in the last year was there paid paternity leave equal to the non-medically-necessary maternity leave that's been available to female parents for decades. It's progress at least. Equality means men must not be left behind.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Citigroup?