We're a small Portland, OR-based web and mobile development consulting company that's been in business for over a decade with virtual offices from coast-to-coast. Our team is looking for a local or remote developer (US only) to lend a hand on some projects on a periodic basis. This is a contract position with lots of room for flexibility, growth and the potential for long-term work. Because this is a flexible position, contractors should expect available hours to vary based on the project workload.
We're looking for applicants who are:
- PHP - Mandatory understanding of object-oriented development, and demonstrable experience with MVC-based web applications.
- MySQL - Relational databases, how to build and use them.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, grid-based responsive development and up-to-date knowledge of web programming best practices.
- React, or experience with a similar JS frontend framework (Angular, Vue, etc)
- Linux/Unix - Must be comfortable using the command line
- Apache and nginx
- iOS / Android
- Amazon Web Services
- Non-relational DB knowledge
- Interest in emerging technologies such as AR, IoT, etc
- Desire to work with us on an ongoing basis
What We Offer:
- Interesting projects - Our projects run the gamut from custom web applications to enterprise-level Wordpress sites to iOS music apps.
- Work with a variety of modern technologies - Recently we've worked with: Augmented Reality, Machine Learning, React, Vue, MongoDB, responsive templating (Semantic UI / Bootstrap), iOS, Amazon Web Services suite (S3, EC2, VPCs, RDS, SQS, etc), Docker, Vagrant, Selenium, VoIP, and the Spotify API to name a few.
- Potential for future work - Ideally, you would be interested in working on future projects with us as needed. We are open to bringing the right person on to our team as a full-time employee down the road.
- Highly collaborative and tight-knit team environment - We’re very active on Slack and strongly encourage everyone on the team to support each other and provide input on projects.
- Work/life balance. Really. We enjoy our work and we meet our deadlines, but we try to have a good time doing it and stay stress-free. We've worked at companies that want 60 hours/week. It doesn't work! The code quality isn't good and it's not sustainable for the developers. We want employees to thrive- not burn out.
- An opportunity to work from anywhere in the US.
Competitive and dependent on experience.
You don't have to meet all of our requirements to apply; we’re more concerned with someone who is a good fit and is genuinely interested in our company culture and values. Please send us a tailored cover letter, a resume and some code samples. Include your location, expected availability, a phone number and the phrase “I read the job description.”
Chromaplex is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.