Buffalo Wild Wings

1.8
1.8
1.6
1.6

Comments

It's a great job when you need flexible hours or need to work opposite shifts as your partner. The hours can be late and you are ok your feet the whole time. I have worked in this industry for a long time. I'm ready for a change now that I'm older. Buffalo wild wings offers insurance and 401k this is a big deal in the serving community. Perfect for young parents or college students. You have to like working with and dealing with people.

Sexual harassment daily while in college. Neither the male not female managers wanted to deal with it. I quit when the kitchen staff started talking about what it would be like to have sex with me in front of me.

Completely sexist. Comments about physical appearance, body type, and (lack of) intelligence

I've been with Buffalo Wild Wings for 12 years and started from the bottom, a host. After 12 years I am the only female to have climbed the ladder locally and one of 8 people that outlasted a buy-out in 2012. This company is what is often called a "boys club." There are regular outing I do not get invited to simply because I am a woman. Example; Yesterday we held a golf outting for the boys and girls club. Not a single female manager was invited to go play and we all literally got stuck closing our stores while the male managers had a great paid day to play golf. When I asked why I wasn't going, I was told by upper management " blank and blank actually play golf, so they will be going." I've stuck it out for so many years only because they do pay extremely well. Shift mangers (lowest tier of management) makes about 35k a year, the next step up is lateral positions of Bar, hospitality, and service managers. (I currently cover 2 job titles.) These positions pay about 45-50k a year with 1 week paid vacation and 5 paid sick days your first year and it grows every year. The health and dental offer 80/20 or the rare 90/10. 401k's are available and the ability to transfer if you want to move is excellent. It's NOT a female friendly company (even with a current female CEO who is retiring thus year...a Man will take her place.)

Female servers were sexually harassed and treated poorly. This company does not value employees in any way. This is a horrible place to work.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Buffalo Wild Wings?