BJ's Wholesale Club

1.9
1.8
1.8
1.5

Comments

Women below and above a certain age are treated with disregard, they are not offered training, or given oppertunities for advancement. Not very single mother friendly. They refuse to work within your availability ( provided at hire) and will eventually demand a full open availability. 7am to 11pm.

As a working mom flexibility depends on your manager. Some departments are very supportive but others are archaic. Management is mostly typical middle aged men but they added a NEW chapter at the office. Maybe that will help.

If you don't have the right connections. You will get nowhere. Under paid. Mediocre benefits. Limited possibilities for growth. Working from home is frowned upon. No real work life balance even though Leadership loves using the term. I was employed with them for over 10 years and speak from experience. I found a new job somewhere where I am paid more to do way less with incredible benefits. My one mistake was to not make this move a long time ago.

Store level management is primarily female and promote a great atmosphere. Male district management is the problem in this store.

They only seemed to promote men to higher positions

Work in HR or Recruiting for BJ's Wholesale Club?