Bass Pro Shops

2.1
1.9
1.8
1.6

Comments

It’s a male dominated store that feels very male dominated. It’s very hard to get heard or understood when addressing concerns about workplace safety and equal wage. I had worked there for 4 years more than some of my male coworkers, only to find they were making more per hour than I was for equal work. They did not have a problem with women laboring as hard as men when it came to unloading freight but never once allowed me for an opportunity for advancement or pay increase. At one time I applied for a leadership role and did not even receive an interview. It was a lesson learned for me and many of my other female coworkers.

As a part-time employee, this position offered a great work-life balance (aside from working on holidays) in order for me to juggle other commitments that I had. The pay was reasonable, but there was not much room for advancement/growth.

Overall it was a wonderful place to work. The only obstacle I faced was due to pregnancy.

Overall, more progressive than you'd think. There is more than one lactation room with a fridge to keep breast milk. Also, very committed to health. More than one walking track, a great cafe with healthy options, and a 24 hour gym.

Women are consistently overlooked for management positions.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Bass Pro Shops?