Bandwidth logo

Bandwidth

4.0 | Raleigh, NC | Computer Software | 501 to 1000 Employees

A message from Bandwidth

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband Learn more

Posted 2 weeks ago on Oct. 8, 2019

sr systems engineer

Full-time in Raleigh, NC
See at-a-glance how well companies like Bandwidth support the things that are important to you.
4.9
4.7
4.6

Bandwidth is a computer software company headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area with 501 to 1000 employees. Bandwidth has a 4.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 109 ratings from 7 current or former employees. 6 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Who We Are:

Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND.  We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves.  #jointheband

What We Are Looking For:

We are looking for a passionate and talented Sr. Systems Engineer to join our growing team and help take our applications to the next level. You will be given a high level of responsibility with the freedom and the potential to make an immediate impact.

What You'll Do:
  • Operate, maintain, and design Bandwidth’s mission-critical container orchestration ecosystem and ancillary components.
  • Work closely with development and network engineering teams to fulfill infrastructure operational needs.
  • Monitor and troubleshoot issues in an end-to-end manner from the customer/client service interface through the back-end server-side systems.
  • Passionate about root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
  • Focus on system metrics collection and presentation.
What You Need:
  • Ability to automate and orchestrate using Ansible (Chef/Puppet acceptable).
  • Advanced Linux administration experience (RHCSA, RHCE, or equivalent)
  • Experience designing, implementing and maintaining highly available and fault-tolerant systems.
  • Experience with public clouds (ex: AWS) and hands-on knowledge of building and automating cloud-based environments.
Extra Credit:
  • Experience or familiarity with OpenShift.
  • Advanced skills and experience with container technologies like Docker.
  • Advanced skills and experience with container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes.
  • Experience or familiarity with the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, and Kibana.

The Whole Person Promise:

We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team.  You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth.  We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.

• Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability.  Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
  • Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues.  Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
  • Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.