Bandwidth logo

Bandwidth

4.0 | Raleigh, NC | Computer Software | 501 to 1000 Employees

A message from Bandwidth

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband Learn more

Posted 2 weeks ago on Oct. 3, 2019

Security DevOps Engineer

Full-time in Raleigh, NC
See at-a-glance how well companies like Bandwidth support the things that are important to you.
4.9
4.7
4.6

Bandwidth is a computer software company headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area with 501 to 1000 employees. Bandwidth has a 4.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 109 ratings from 7 current or former employees. 6 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Who We Are:

Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.

At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND.  We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves.  #jointheband

What We Are Looking For:

The Security DevOps Engineer will support the security of the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) activities of multiple teams who design, develop, and deploy software. The DevSecOps Engineer  is responsible for the CI/CD security tools, security automation and supporting the security team through self-service provisioning of physical and virtual environments, cloud and containers.

What You'll Do:

• Integrating and automating the program’s security posture and best practices via continuous integration pipelines
  • Work closely with the Bandwidth Security team (AppSec) and DevOps teams, being a champion of security for the CI/CD SDLC process.
  • Assist in developing an automated framework for Security Tool deployment and development, leveraging various scripting languages and security tools.
  • Have hands-on experience and support of security technologies used throughout secure SDLC (Artifactory Xray, vulnerability scanners, static analysis and Contrast IAST, DAST, RASP)
  • Administrate and oversee GitHub repos, access controls and tokens.
  • Engineer, support and implement Vault technologies in the CI/CD process and reusable security tooling.
  • Maintain and support the disaster recovery plan for repositories and source code.
  • Architect and design API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security
  • Develop and support security metrics and KPIs throughout the CI/CD pipeline.
  • Provide guidance and assistance as needed to the DevOps teams.

What You Need:

• Computer Science Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience that is focused on secure development, automating CI/CD pipelines, or secure cloud/virtualization automation.
  • Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools
  • Experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following program languages:
    Java, JavaScript, Python, C
  • Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (Openshift), Jenkins, SonarQube, and Artifactory

The Whole Person Promise:

We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team.  You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth.  We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.

• Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability.  Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
  • Fitness:90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues.  Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
  • Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.